The Family will help all people in our communities draw closer to Christ.
The Family broadcasts the hope of Jesus Christ to strengthen and encourage listeners.
Check out our Timeline.
Listening Area: Check out to view All Stations Coverage Map.
The Family serves to educate, encourage and preserve the family through a Christ-centered contemporary and versatile communications platform. We do that through both radio and online streaming.
The Family is owned and operated by The Family Radio Network, Inc. (The Family) a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, founded in 1969.
The Family Radio Network, Inc. consists of four stations with 10 signals in Eastern & Central Wisconsin. 91.9 (WEMI Appleton / Oshkosh), 91.5 (WEMY Green Bay), 88.5 (WGNV Wausau / Stevens Point / Central Wisconsin), and 91.3 (WSTM Sheboygan).
Originally an outreach of Evangel Community Church in Menasha, The Family became independent in 1969 to more effectively serve the greater Christian community.
In the late 1970’s The Family served the community through Christian bookstores in Neenah and Appleton, a graphics and printing company and WEMI-FM. WEMI took to the airwaves on September 9th, 1977 and in March of 1981 WEMI began broadcasting 24 hours a day. WGNV was added in 1991 and WEMY in 1998.
In April of 1998, the Christian Family Radio name and logo of the white cross on a blue & green background appeared. In June of 2011, the ministry was renamed “The Family” and rebranded to current green, blue and white logo.
- We are listener-focused as we deliver hope and encouragement to everyone who tunes in.
- We use a Christ-centered, contemporary, and versatile communications platform.
- We minister via radio, online streaming, social media, and community activities.
- Constant “changed life” stories from listeners testify to the efficacy of our message.
- We walk-the-talk by active involvement in our local communities through community projects.
- Our mission statement serves as the filter through which we run everything through. From texts, FB posts, phone or email interaction, to song selection and responding to prayer requests
- We welcome you to join us in this mission.
In 2017, Evangel Ministries, Inc. changed its legal name to The Family Radio Network, Inc. and acquired WSTM in Plymouth, Sheboygan.
Our Foundational Principles
- We will advocate and protect the ideals of the traditional family as it is defined and established in the Holy Bible.
- We believe that truly healthy relationships can only be attained through a healthy relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We will feed the souls of individual family members by offering a daily diet of the Holy Bible in a variety of compelling ways.
- The context and content of all our offerings will intentionally and unapologetically be presented from a traditional Biblical worldview.
Our Core Values
Christ is the head of our workplace. We seek Him first, His will and His righteousness to guide our decisions and the actions that follow. We are committed to personal growth through the study of His word and prayer.
We believe that Jesus Christ saves, restores, inspires hope, and transforms lives. We are committed to living out our faith by sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ whenever possible, believing that ‘faith comes by hearing’.
We do the right thing even when no one is looking. We take responsibility for our mistakes and we don’t blame others. We are honest with all and fair in our business practices. We are good stewards of God’s financial gifts to our organization.
We believe that all people are created in God’s image. We treat others better than ourselves. We speak truth in love. We look for the best in each other.
For a listing of our staff & board of directors, click here.
To view our audited financial statements and form 990, click here.
For our Statement of Faith, click here.