Job Title: On-air Personality
Reports to: Program Director
Classification: Full Time (nights and weekends required)
Location: Appleton, WI
The Family is a ministry of Evangel Ministries, Inc. founded in 1969. The Family serves to educate, encourage and preserve the family through a Christ centered contemporary and versatile communications platform.
Mission: The Family will help families build healthy relationships with God and one another.
General: Are you looking to impact families and help them build healthy relationships with God and one another? Then you found the right place. The Family is looking for an engaging on-air personality to share the hopeful message of Jesus Christ to our listening areas.
We are looking for a creative, friendly, conversational style, fun, upbeat personality with outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication skills to interact with our listeners. Production and imaging skills will set you ahead of the pack, with social and digital media skills a big plus. If you are a team player with an overwhelming sense of God’s call to use your talents and life experiences to advance His work, and you want to grow professionally in your craft, The Family is the place for you!
Prior broadcast experience of 2 to 4 years required; drive-time experience preferred.
Essential Job Duties | Responsibilities
- Effective and confident communicator who will present, develop and deliver a drive-time show that engages the listener
- Ability to share personal experiences that connect our audience.
- Prepares and outlines daily show content for on-air & social media
- Effective use of phones (recording and editing) during air-shift
- Represents the station both on-air and at events in a professional manner (nights and weekends required)
- Creative verbal and writing skills, which could include copywriting or imaging
- Production and editing skills
- Voice tracking weekend or holiday shifts, as assigned
- Any other work as assigned
- Uphold and live out the mission, vision, and the statement of faith of EMI.
- Teachable, coachable and knowledgeable
- Strong verbal and writing skills, interpersonal people skills
- Ability to interact with others, maintain and grow listener and co-worker relationships
- Proficient computer knowledge using Microsoft office suite and editing software such as adobe audition and the ability to run a board cast board.
- Basic to advanced experience with social media and web platforms
- A self-motivated, outgoing person with the ability to work with little supervision
- Strong understanding of radio fundamentals and willingness to continue being a student of the craft of radio.
- Dedication to excellence
- Actively involved with a local church
- Engage in the community
The Family, WEMI-FM, WEMY-FM, WGNV-FM, has established religious faith as a qualification for employment, as permitted by the FCC’s instructions. EOE
If you are interested, please email or send us the following:
- Employment Application
- Air check
- Video of you speaking about something you’re passionate about (if possible)
Email your resume and/or application to HR@thefamily.net or mail to:
ATTN: Chief Human Resource Officer
1909 W Second St
Appleton, WI 54914
The Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family, WEMI-FM, WEMY-FM, WGNV-FM, has established religious faith as a qualification for employment, as permitted by the FCC’s instructions.